From Johannesburg/Pretoria by road:
- Take the N12 from Johannesburg or the N4 from Pretoria to Witbank
- Continue on the N4 to the Belfast turnoff
- Turn left to Belfast, and take the R540 through Dullstroom to Lydenburg
- Take the R36 through Ohrigstad over the Abel Erasmus Pass to the Tzaneen turnoff
- Continue straight on the R527 to Hoedspruit
- Turn right onto the R40 to Klaserie
- After 7 km take the first tarred road to the left
(the Timbavati Road)
- Pass Eastgate Airport turnoff on the left (6km)
- Go through the Control Gate (18km from East Gate Airport turnoff))
- Continue straight for another 37.2 km and immediately after crossing a long causeway across a river, Ingwelala is on your right
- Ingwelala has it's own airstrip with the following co-ordinates:
1 050 elevation in feet
- Unsurfaced strip is 900 m long
- Arrangements can be made with Reception to have your vehicle delivered to the airstrip before you arrive.
NB: this is a private unlicensed strip and pilots land and take-off at their own risk.
All airstrip users must complete (once off) an Ingwelala Airstrip Indemnity Form before making use of the airstrip. Indemnity forms are obtainable from
- SA Express flies daily from Johannesburg into Hoedspruit (Eastgate Airport) and four times a week from Cape Town.