The following items provide interim feedback from the 10 August Board Meeting:
- Feedback from the meeting will be shared at the upcoming Members Information Evening, scheduled for Wednesday 18 September. Mr Richard Sowry, Section Ranger of Kingfisherspruit in the Kruger National Park will be the guest speaker at the Members Information Evening. See Notice Board for more details.
- It is rapidly approaching that time of the year when we appeal to all Members to please support and donate to the Vuka Ingwe Children Holiday Programme. This was a massive success in 2018 and dearly appreciated by the staff and their children. Please either bring a cash donation or school stationery to the Members Information Evening in Bryanston. A more detailed e-mail with bank details will be sent out shortly.
- Ingwelala submitted a motivation to the Bushbuckridge Municipality for a 10% rebate on Rates &Taxes for a Nature Reserve participating in Community Social Investment Programmes (CSI).
- The Umbabat Wilderness Conservation Association (UWCA) has appointed its own Reserve Manager, Mr Martin van Tonder, who we welcome and wish the best of luck and success in his new role.
- A revised and updated Chart of Authority (Delegation of Authority) was adopted.
- The Board approved the expenditure for Borehole number 4 (Wahlberg Plains) to be reconfigured to solar power.
- There was a Member request to relocate the Jungle Gym closer to the pool for easier use and safety reasons, affected bungalows (neighbours) have been consulted and the relocation will take place in due course.
- The Building Committee is reviewing all the wording in the Building Regulations for tabling for adoption at the upcoming November AGM. The objective is to identify, correct and clarify any wording that is potentially ambiguous.
- The document referred to in a previous Reserve Report regarding tips on maintaining your LP gas COCs’ is work in progress and will be circulated to all Bungalow Administrators by month end.
by John Llewellyn