Roads & Tracks
- Regular visits to the airstrip surface were done and recorded in the inspection register.
- The airstrip surface was compacted with the roller after the late rains.
- The apron was cleared of weed material.
- Due to all the elephant activity in camp, the Conservation Team once again spent enormous amounts of time repairing fences.
Bomas, Hides and Picnic Sites
- The Bird Hide walkway will be reconstructed from 13 May, the hide will be closed while the building contractor, Chameleon Builders, is on site. Apologies for any inconveniences.
Timber material on site for the repairs
- No incidents on Ingwelala during the reporting period.
- X1 Tree squirrel
- X1 Scrub hare
General Fire risk management
- Fire-fighting equipment is checked on a weekly basis.
- X 1 tractor available to assist with fire-fighting (x2 water drawn carts).
- X 1 “Bakkie-Sakkie” serviceable and responsive on a “first call” basis.
- X 20 fire beaters and and x 4 knap-sack sprays in good working order.
- X 2 “frog pumps” fully operational.
The following graph shows the monthly Eskom Usage (Kwh) for Ingwelala.
Vehicles and Workshop
- The general fleet and static plant maintenance is 100% compliant with the servicing schedule.
- Two new tractor tyres (front) and tubes purchased and fitted to Ford Tractor T1.
- Rear silencer replaced on Hilux Double Cab.
- Starter motor on Mahindra pick-up M1 remains problematic.