Please note: The full Reserve Report is available on the Downloads page.
Staff Long Service Awards
Congratulations to the following staff who reached the following milestones:
- Lisbeth Moyana; 20 Years
- Joyful Ngobeni; 15 Years
- Augustine Makhubela; 10 Years
- Robere Brockman; 5 Years
- Hendrinah Mahlako; 5 Years
- Judith Robinson; 5 Years
The official awards ceremony will be held when Lockdown restrictions permit!
Roads & Tracks
- There was limited road maintenance carried out due to staff repairing fences and water leaks arising from elephant damage.
- The airstrip surface was checked weekly and the condition noted in the register.
- Elephant dung was removed on several occasions from the runway surface.
- Fence repairs were carried out daily.
Bomas, Hides and Picnic Sites
- Firebreaks were revisited and tweaked around all the hides and bomas.
Elephant damage at Timbavati Lookout
General Fire risk management
The veld biomass has dried out and currently presents an extremely high fire risk once dry. To mitigate this, when the Reserve re-opens Members will be encouraged to not use wood for braai fires, but to rather use charcoal and/or briquettes to reduce fire risk.
- All firefighting equipment checked and tested on Sundays.
- X 1 tractor available to assist with fire-fighting (x2 water drawn carts).
- X 1 “Bakkie-Sakkie” serviceable and responsive on a “first call” basis.
- X 20 fire beaters and and x 4 knap-sack sprays in good working order.
- X 2 “frog pumps” fully operational.
The following graph shows the monthly Eskom Usage (Kwh) for Ingwelala.
Vehicles and Workshop
- The general fleet and static plant maintenance is 100% compliant with the servicing schedule.