Roads & Tracks
- As and when required, trees pushed over by elephants were removed where necessary.
- The servicing of the mitre drains commenced on Goedehoop, 20 % completed.
- Information signage on the various properties, indicating boundaries etc, will require replacing in the near future
- Regular visits to the airstrip surface were done and recorded in the inspection register.
- It was not necessary to carry out any major repairs during the month.
- A few minor electrical shorts were repaired during the month.
- On a number of occasions, game viewer vehicles pulled out the horizontal wires from the strainers at the various entry/exit points in Camp.
- The replacing of the steel wires and Y-standards on the Camp fence remains work in progress, time permitting.
Bomas, Hides and Picnic Sites
- Concrete tables and benches were sanded down and painted ahead of the busy holiday period.
- Repairs were affected to the damaged toilet (Eco-loo) at Howard’s Hope on Goedehoop.
- No incidents on Ingwelala during the reporting period.
- 2 x Scrub hares
General Fire risk management
Veld fire and general fire risk rating is currently very high given the extremely dry conditions.
- Fire-fighting equipment is checked on a weekly basis.
- X 1 tractor available to assist with fire-fighting (x2 water drawn carts).
- X 1 “Bakkie-Sakkie” serviceable and responsive on a “first call” basis.
- X 20 fire beaters and and x 4 knap-sack sprays in good working order.
- X 2 “frog pumps” fully operational.
The following graph shows the monthly Eskom Usage (Kwh) for Ingwelala.
Vehicles and Workshop
- The general fleet and static plant maintenance is 100% compliant with the servicing schedule.
- The Ford tractor (F2) fuel injectors were serviced.